Workers' Compensation Lawyer
Help for Workers Injured in Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)
in Polk County, FL
Call Abercrombie, P.A. to discuss your workers' compensation motor
vehicle accident case or any of the following matters:
Help for Victims of Workplace Motor Vehicle Accidents
By addressing injuries incurred on the job on a "no-fault" basis,
workers' compensation laws in the state of Florida are designed to
protect both the employer and the employee involved in a workplace accident.
This means that the employee can collect compensation regardless of the
cause of the accident. In addition, these laws protect employers because
- even if the employer is at fault or partially at fault for the injury
- he or she cannot be sued for damages.
What to do when you have been in a car accident?
- Call 911 and ask for an officer to come to do a traffic accident report
- Make sure everyone in your vehicle is okay
- Make sure other driver(s) are okay but keep conversation with them as brief
- Inspect your car (or tell driver of the vehicle)
- Take pictures of the damage of both vehicles
- Contact an attorney to find out your rights
- Contact your insurance company to tell them about the accident/ damage
to your car
- (I personally do not advise giving your insurance company a RECORDED statement
without an attorney on the phone)
- Seek any medical care you may need (Myself, or the attorney you may choose
can help set you up with the right doctor for you in your area)
How do I file a workers' compensation claim for my motor vehicle accident?
In order to obtain compensation for your motor vehicle workplace injury,
you must file a claim with the Division of Workers' Compensation office
in the Florida Department of Financial Services.
You have 30 days from the date of the accident or the date you were made
aware of your injury or illness to file this claim. An attorney can help you follow the proper protocol and make sure that
you obtain all of the compensation you are entitled to, including holding
any third parties that may be responsible for your injury financially
Schedule your free consultation with Abercrombie, P.A. today!
At our Central Florida law firm, we understand that you may be worried
about your future and providing for your family after a workplace motor
vehicle accident, especially if you suffered injuries that keep you from
working at full capacity or otherwise impact your employment. Our goal
is to ensure that you have peace of mind at this time. You have rights
as an injured worker. Let us help you protect these rights and get back
on with your life.
If you have been injured at work while in a MVA, or if you were injured
on a construction site, then begin your defense today:
Call Abercrombie, P.A.
to schedule a
free initial consultation
and get started on the road to a better tomorrow.